- Home / Events /
- Conferences, Trade Shows, Hackdays, Oh My!
At SendGrid, we’ve been busy hitting the proverbial pavement and spreading the word about who we are and how we help companies grow and succeed. We thought it was worth taking a moment to reflect on the cool events we’ve been a part of in the past month or so, as well as those that are approaching in the coming months.
And don’t worry – we’re keeping some developers in the office to continue improving the product and some support staff on hand to answer your questions.
Since our last event recap, we’ve been out and about from coast to coast and enjoying the many opportunities to mingle with friends, colleagues, and customers.
- Oct 15: as part of our sponsorship, we sent one of our guys to Startup Weekend Denver. Kyle got to hang out on the first night of the event, eat some pizza, and meet the participants who were embarking on a weekend long startup creation marathon. At the end of the weekend, the team who was able to make the best use of email in their project got a sweet deal on a SendGrid package.
- Oct 14-16: I visited Las Vegas for the BlogWorld and New Media Expo. This was a great learning experience on both a personal and professional level. I came away with some great tips on how we can better engage with our customers and provide greater value to the SendGrid community, while also exploring a whole new group of potential vendors, partners and clients.
- Oct 20: our friends at Rackspace were kind enough to offer us some extra room in the exhibit hall at NYXPO. We sent Denise and Isaac to the Big Apple for a few days in order to attend the show and meet with some of our coolest customers on the East Coast. Once again, a great and productive time – thanks Rackspace!
- Oct 24: we spent a dreary, San Fran Sunday with our friends at Twilio, Simple Geo, Mashery, Apigee, AWS, Heroku, and Media Temple for the first in a series of API Hackdays. Our CTO, Tim Jenkins, and Web Engineering Manager, John Heathco, were there for all the action and had the following comments about the experience, respectively: “This was a real opportunity to see what creativity can do when it is unhindered by the need to start everything from scratch.” & ”There were a lot of talented individuals and it was interesting to talk with such a broad spectrum of developers.” We also learned a lot about how we can improve, since we were able to interact so closely with the developers using our APIs and reading our documentation.
- NOW: Denise is currently attending the Cloud Computing Expo in Santa Clara, CA. This event represents yet another chance for us to learn from others who are doing innovative things with the cloud. More on this experience … after it’s over.
- Nov 15-17: Isaac and Denise hit the road again, as we sponsor the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco. We are very excited to be part of such a top-notch event and look forward to interacting with some of the world’s best and brightest minds.
- Nov 17-18: Defrag provides us the opportunity of attending and sponsoring an amazing event, while also offering the luxury of staying right at home – the conference is just down the road from Boulder! On top of that, Isaac will be speaking during the afternoon of Thursday, Nov 17, on the topic of Email as a Platform. In case you haven’t already registered for this one, get 15% off by entering the code “sponsor15″ during registration.
- Dec 8-9: We’re taking it international with our sponsorship of Le Web ’10 in Paris, France. If you are going, you should stop by our booth and say hello to Isaac and Denise. They will be located right near the Hackathon Zone. If you’re not planning on attending, you may want to rethink – c’mon, check out this speaker lineup!
That pretty much wraps it up for our event season at this time. If there is an awesome event that you know of that we did not mention, please share. We’re always looking to find cool places to meet even more cool people, not to mention the opportunity to save all those people from their email woes!
If you would like to always know “where in the world is SendGrid?”, follow us on Plancast and on Twitter.
Tags: blogworld, cloud expo, defrag, hackday, le web, NYXPO, startup weekend, web 2.0 summit
Author: Tim Falls
Community Guy @SendGrid and Producer @BoulderBeta. Passionate about bringing people together around things they love. Leads the SendGrid Developer Relations team in their effort to help developers around the world do more with email.